Tuesday, December 20, 2011

You're not cheating anyone but yourself.
Words that ring loudly, clearly and true
Amidst suffering drops of sweat.
You wanted this, nobody's pushing you.
You'll have to do that yourself.
Sure it's type 3 "fun". Like taxes.
We need roads right?
Fitness is our road to authenticity in the forgotten real world. 
Seeking Authenticity in our tech era has become secondary.
To faster internet.
More blogs, statuses and #cleverlittlethings.
Looking at photos of the same pros
Viral videos, youtube and Vimeo.
Outside? Why?
We can enjoy outside from the couch right?
No.
I haven't been enjoying it lately.
Like a novelty or fad
the faux pleasure appears and disappears quickly.
Sticky fun, pleasure that stays with you for years.
Type 1: bouldering, resort skiing, fun in the moment
Type 2: everyone's first marathon (the fun hits you a week after the finish line)
Type 3: This sucks, I hate my life why'd I sign up? (then you register for next year)
I couldn't tell you much about:
the tv show I watched last night
or the blog post I thought was cool
or the magazine I read five times
or the 600 tweets seen everyday
I could tell you in great detail about:
Riding every inch of the 100 mile White Rim trail
leading my first sport climb
the best powder days with good friends
sending a 5.10 for the first time
every mountain bike race I've entered
each unique skin track through beautiful white mountains
Every authentic adventure becomes a part of me and who I am.
Therein lies the importance of Seeking Authenticity.

No comments:

Post a Comment