Monday, December 19, 2011

Training workout

I figured it out...being a rather frugal person (my setup in the post below was a gift from my wonderful wife) the thought of paying $40 for a workout dvd (Spinervals, etc.) was preposterous. Especially since I've always just been able to use Andrew's for free.

Quick fix: Ski movies + cell phone timer set to 30 min countdown for intervals.

Warmup - 5 min.
Interval 1: a little pyramid:
1 min. Big ring x 16
45 sec. Big ring x 14
30 sec. Big ring x 12
45 sec. Big ring x 14
1 min. Big ring x 16
~2 min. rest~
Interval 2: 6 min.
30 seconds on Big ring x 12
30 seconds off
~2 min. rest~
Interval 3: 6 min.
1 min. on Big ring x 13/14
1 min. off

5 min. cooldown

Follow up by crunches, curls and squat thrusters with 25lbs. A good day! Ready to start some two-a-day stuff! 54 days to Teva games! Yikes.


Fill yourself with wonder every day.
“Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize?  So run to win!… So I run with purpose in every step.  I am not just shadowboxing.”  1 Corinthians 9:24, 26

No comments:

Post a Comment