Monday, December 19, 2011

The beginning of the beginning...

The Art of Flight by Brain Farm Cinema (Curt Morgan) has a quote from Travis Rice that has not stopped echoing in my head since the Denver premier. "It's not enough to experience the world through endless second hand information, If you want authenticity you have to initiate it."

First reaction - Sure, you were born in Jackson, with the mountains surrounding you. Even the "down days" in your filming career are spent doing what people dream of! Guns, fire, snowmobiles and beer. Really, does it get much better than that? Plus I've got to hold down a desk chair 40+ hours a week, don't have a "crew" and my best friends have all went separate ways. The most recent (and huge motivator) to work at Keystone.

Second reaction sans stupid excuses - Alright. Let's do this. I want to Seek Authenticity.

So here's the plan:
Tour 3 new areas of Cameron Pass
Tour 3 new areas of RMNP
Ski 30+ days (ugh, I hate I-25)
Finish my 5D short film
Ski something that scares the crap outta me

Feb 11, 2012 Teva Mountain Games SkiMo race
Rec category: 3,000 ft. of vertical: Eagles Nest/Mid-Vail/Golden Peak
Goal: Finish top 15

April 20, 2012 Marmot Grind at A Basin
Race category: Vertical is approximately 4,500 ft
Goal: Finish under 3 hours

My setup is heavy metal: heavy but so fun. 23 lbs!
2010 Atomic Bentchetler's (9 lbs, 4520 g)
Marker Barons (5.6 lbs)
Dalbello Virus FT boots(8.3 lbs)

My ideal setup if I got into racing: About 11 lbs...wow.

Dynafit TLT Vertical ST Alpine Touring Binding (400 g)
Dynafit Mustagh ATA Superlight Ski (5 lb 14.4 oz, (2670g)
Dynafit Titan TF-X Ski Boot (4lb 6oz (2000g)

Time to whoop my butt into shape comin' a yyaaaayyyy haaahhh!









“The Lord says, ‘I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advise you and watch over you’.” Psalm 32:8

No comments:

Post a Comment